[LINK] social media a no-no, at least to employers

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Sat Dec 15 18:55:51 AEDT 2012

On 15/12/2012, at 6:30 PM, Jan Whitaker <jwhit at janwhitaker.com> wrote:

> [the bit about not posting personal information
> is nuts -- so we are now 24/7 when we take a job?]

Most of the article refers to working hours, which is hopefully not 24/7.

It is not reasonable for a company to tell employees not to sully the reputation (by way of a permanent record) of the employer in an uncontrolled and public environment?

> ''The idea of someone having a grievance and
> raising it … via social media to create a
> campaign to potentially seriously damage a
> [firm's] reputation - that is really in conflict
> with an employee's obligation to their employer,'' she said.

This is what I mean. It also damages the ability for the employer to address a concern in a fair and just manner.

iT