[LINK] NBN and the last 100 metres

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 05:39:39 AEDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Tom Koltai <tomk at unwired.com.au> wrote:
> Now the only problem is how to power the device at the Kerb splice to
> run to the home or the radio device.  (Sorry Labor, I can't solve all
> your probs with a single email.)
>
> But we keep getting the rest of the NBN. That is a good thing.

POE (Power Over Ethernet) + a pair of VSDSL2 "Ethernet over copper
extender" boxes?.
http://goo.gl/wSajX

Just run cat5e or cat6 to wherever the optical network ends, carrying
power (POE) from inside the home... :)

Just my $0.02

FC

PS: I agree with Tom Koltai, the govt should encourage the "Let´t get
this done" attitude wrt the last 100m. Althought I wouldn´t trust
*any* of my neighbors not to break anything, if given a shovel... ;))