[LINK] Why the NBN business model is deeply flawed

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Feb 17 08:14:44 AEDT 2012

On 16/02/12 08:27, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 08:05 AM 16/02/2012, Tom Worthington wrote:
>>
>> Biography: Paul Fletcher MP, Member for Bradfield ...

I didn't write the biography. It is from the announcement of the talk,
on 28 February, in Canberra:
https://www.acs.org.au/act/index.cfm?action=event&area=9002&temID=eventdetails&eveID=30224664535724

> You could have substituted Malcolm Turnbull ...

No need to substitute Malcolm Turnbull MP, he is opening the "Discover
IT" conference, 21 March, in Canberra:
http://www.acsconference.org.au/program.html

> Will the ACS Branch make an offer for the government to have time to
> balance the presentation ideological bias?

You would need to ask the ACS Branch Executive Committee about their
ideology. But my experience, as an ordinary member, has been that people
from different political parties speak at ACS events, as do government
officials, industry and academia.

> It would have been good to have them on stage together ...

An excellent idea. I look forward to attending such an event, if you can
get political opponents to agree to it.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/