[LINK] ABC News: The great NBN fail

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Feb 22 22:42:43 AEDT 2012

At 09:25 PM 22/02/2012, Antony Barry wrote:

>to read the full story on a PC or Mac please use this link
>http://goo.gl/Pg8sr

Am reading Nick's article and ran across this little gem:
"Did anyone query the direct profitability and "business case" when
building Australia's sewer infrastructure? "

I just looked at the details and paid my water bill today. The total
bill was $140, with $84 of it sewage disposal 'supply'!  So maybe it
would be worth comparing it as a real revenue generator, if it
weren't so unfortunate a comparison re the negative connotation of sewage.

Nick, I hope you send a courtesy copy to Quigley and Conroy, and
every LNP member of the parliament to wake them up.

Will this story get any play on TV or just online text copy? If it's
only on the website, it's not going to have the impact needed.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/