[LINK] Telstra separation deal accepted

Nick Ross nickrossabc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:50:34 AEDT 2012

Had a great meeting with Cisco today.

They reminded us that Telstra's Copper network doesn't hold any value in
the wire - just the ducts!

Oh... and also that by 2015 general society data requirements will
obliterate the Coalition's plans for FTTN. WIthout knowing anything about
politics or NBN strategy, the figures presented illustrated how top-quality
coaxial could make FTTN work (until replaced by fibre) but other copper
wasn't good enough. When asked about 4G/LTE connecting the nodes to homes
he looked at me like I was crazy for suggesting it (that or he was annoyed
I hadn't been listening to what he'd been saying about data requirements).

Should have something up in the next day or so - waiting on figures.