[LINK] astroturfing

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Jan 9 14:36:25 AEDT 2012

At 12:55 PM 9/01/2012, kim holburn wrote:
>Somehow I am seeing a subtle growing pressure that only corporations
>have a legitimate voice on the internet.  Like with radio or TV only
>the "broadcasters" are real, consumers should only consume not answer
>back.  If they do, they are "astroturfers".

I didn't read it that way. I read it that the legitimate voices are
being over taken by the fake agenda-biased voices through crowd
sourcing for money. Just an alert that what you are reading may not
be a person's true opinion because they have actually thought about
the thing they are commenting on -- and not just one person doing
that, but thousands.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com