[LINK] Trove

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Jul 6 08:56:06 AEST 2012

On 04/07/12 17:33, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:

> The other aspect of Trove, worth noting ...

Trove will also tell you which libraries in your area have a particular
book. I found this very useful, when a distance education student:
http://blog.tomw.net.au/2012/06/usq-online-pedagogy-course-let-down-by.html

As well as listing paper and electronic copies in Australian libraries,
Trove will indicate other ways to get a book. So for my book "ICT
sustainability", Trove has links to the free web version and the
Amazon.com and Blackwells catalogue:
http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/156937906?versionId=171082221

Hopefully the NLA is getting a commission on referrals to the online
book stores.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/