[LINK] pixelated photos and google image search

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Mon Jul 9 21:52:46 AEST 2012

On 09/07/12 21:08, Kim Holburn wrote:
> Interesting piece on mediawatch just then about how you can put pictures with people's faces hidden by pixelation (or probably just painted over) into google image search and google image search will show you the original if it's anywhere on the web.  Often including details about the person.
>
> Oops.

I always thought it was easy, in many cases, to simply squint one's eyes
at the teev to get a 'view' of the person behind the pixelated image.
Hardly scientific but effective on many occasions.

:)

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS CP, ACCE Associate, ACS Honorary Life Member
Chair IFIP International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3) 2011-12