[LINK] Global warming update

Antony Barry antonybbarry at me.com
Wed Jul 11 07:51:54 AEST 2012

On 10/07/2012, at 10:43 PM, Kim Holburn <kim at holburn.net> wrote:

> U.S. experiences warmest 12-month period on record--again:
>
> http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2149
>
> Sea levels will continue to rise even if we cut emissions:
>
> http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/07/sea-levels-will-continue-to-rise-even-if-we-cut-emissions/

Article in the latest New Scientist discussing this and similar extreme events around the globe. It appears  that not only is the average temperature rising but the standard deviation of the variation in temperatures is getting greater which is greatly lifting the likelihood of extreme weather events. The weather is getting worse a lot faster than the models predicted.

Tony