[LINK] More on the Uselessness of Dig Sig Certs

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Tue Jul 17 14:37:38 AEST 2012

At 20:47 -0700 16/7/12, Scott Howard wrote:
At 3:51 +0000 17/7/12, Kim Davies wrote:
>   ...  [clear explanations]  ...

Thanks for that.

But I don't agree with this bit from Scott:
>There are zero browser problems here - the browser is doing
>*exactly* what it should be doing.  ...

Safari 4.1.3 displays two different error-messages at different
stages, which confuses mug punters and gives them more reasons to
ignore the gobbledygook and just click <Okay>.

And how about the designer offering something constructive, like:
<click here to email the site's webmaster to notify them of the problem>?

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Roger Clarke