[LINK] ATTN LINK LIST MODERATORS: RE: Recognising the Troll

TKoltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Fri Mar 2 19:47:22 AEDT 2012

Mr. Boxhall, I think I have held my tongue long enough.

Troll: Historically a distasteful looking cartoon character suffering
from abnormal oozing pustular growths, gigantism, and dirty
fingernails. Usually green. Internet Troll: Someone attempting to
obtain deceitful benefit from skewing popular opinion.

The Commonwealth Criminal Code Act (the Criminal Code) Part 10.6 can be
used to prosecute individuals who are "trolls".

You are now accusing persons in this list, myself included of criminal
activity.

According to Findlaw
[http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4259/internet-trolls-can-be-prosecut
ed-under-australian.aspx]

Quote/
Internet trolls aren't loveable creatures with crazy bright coloured
hair but rather are individuals who engage in online behaviour that is
provocative and offensive, with the ultimate goal of garnering some
sort of online attention. Arguably, the most common example of trolling
behaviour is posting offensive comments in response to a post or
article. Quote/

That seems to me to be the antics of yourself and your buddy, Frankie
and could certainly not be even at a stretch applied to either my or
BRD comments.

I suggest that you might like to read a paper on Cyber Bullying in
Australia and [its]
legal implications:
https://elaw.murdoch.edu.au/index.php/elawmurdoch/article/view/24/8

TomK