[LINK] Accelerating universe found with supercomputers

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Mar 15 02:31:17 AEDT 2012

Tom Worthington wrote:

> Listening to Nobel Laureate Brian Schmidt on his discovery of the
> accelerating universe at ANU. He pointed out the discovery depended on
> sufficient computer power:
> http://blog.tomw.net.au/2012/03/accelerating-universe-by-nobel-laureate.html
>
> A video of the talk will be available shortly:
> http://billboard.anu.edu.au/event_view.asp?id=89264

Thanks for the heads up, esp. for us far away from Canberra, Tom.

The IOP website http://iopscience.iop.org/ looks like a wonderful resource
for us science heads.

Minor quibble in your blog posting: the sun is 8 light minutes from the
earth. If it were 8 light seconds as mentioned, we would have a major global
warming problem.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

"Recognition of reincarnated individuals is strictly forbidden"
      -- Chinese edict, Tourist Office, Yushu Tibet