[LINK] APH: 'Are Australia's seniors ready for E-health?'

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Mar 19 21:59:37 AEDT 2012

On 19/03/2012 9:18 PM, Alex (Maxious) Sadleir wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn
> <brd at iimetro.com.au>  wrote:
>> On 19/03/2012 4:57 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:
>>> Australia's population is getting older, and government is gearing
>>> for an increased demand for health care services. But do Australian
>>> seniors have the skills to access e-health services with the
>>> introduction of the online Personally Controlled Electronic Health
>>> Record (PCEHR)?
>> I suggest someone (I haven't got time in 4 days to make a submission)
>> points out that a "Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record" is
>> more than seniors having the skills to access e-health services.
>>
>> What part of "Personally Controlled" do they not understand? Oh, silly
>> me, NEHTA and DoHA haven't actually explained what Personally Controlled
>> actually means.
> Well it definitely doesn't mean being in complete control of your
> health record, the committee report out tonight confirms that patients
> will not be allowed to mark documents "no-access" despite protests
> from AIDS and mental health groups

So if you are a celebrity, a high profile person, an MP or someone with
a high level security clearance, all documents will be visible to anyone
with access to your health record? Like a nurse who's partner is a
journalist, or who is active in a political party?

Or is it one rule for the great unwashed masses and another for the
"special people" who can go down the "anonymity" option, defined in the
ConOp as "Individuals have the option of applying for a pseudonym with
the HI Service in the event that they wish to use a pseudonymous
identity for the purposes of healthcare"

BTW, anonymity and pseudonymity are two very different things.

With less than four months to go before people can start registering,
you would think the requirements should be well sorted by now.

Reminds me of that old cartoon "You lot start coding… …I'll go find out
what they want"
http://www.abberley.co.uk/asap/

--

Regards