[LINK] OT: Re: Hardies decision ...

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Thu May 3 13:08:05 AEST 2012

They had an (undeserved) tax win that should help.

The tax was levied in respect of the scheme they put in place to avoid funding the liability, and (again from memory) the NSW Supreme Court said it should not be levied since Hardies had wound their Dutchi-fication back. The Hardies "Ooooopsie!" defence has now gone down as a classic in legal eagle history.

The NSW Supreme Court is getting to be the place to go if fine upstanding public company directors and officers, and responsible tax evaders, want to evade any liability to shareholders, workers, customers, the ATO or any scum of the earth who would presume to actually hold them responsible for their actions or lack of action.

I mean ... without the NSW Supreme Court, the peasants would rule ... and fine upstanding members of the corporate aristocracy wouldn't be able to suck everyone else dry with their rightful and just remunerative claims, and, heaven forbid, they would have to accept some accountability and responsibility for what they are getting handsomely paid for.

I mean ... I mean ... that's just not done.

Far better to have the members of the righteous and incorruptible NSW justiciary in their corner ... time and time again. One could even be forgiven for thinking that money changes hands across the Bench ... but, nah ... that's never happened in NSW. Just a statistical aberration ... that's all.

Never would happen. Never could happen.

I mean ... they're one of us.
---