[LINK] Google’s Knowledge Graph

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon May 21 15:18:40 AEST 2012

At 02:34 PM 21/05/2012, David Boxall wrote:
>Is this a good thing or not? Will it give Google more ways to get inside
>our heads?
>
>  From
><http://theconversation.edu.au/googles-knowledge-graph-has-search-just-changed-forever-7109>

I read this one this morning, too. I think predictive results that
are based on a knowledge schema with crossing metadata is a good
thing. What I don't appreciate is predictive serving that includes my
habits in the mix. That's when things get creepy. The first is
relatively objective while the second is more subjective as applied
by someone else (here, eat your porridge, it's good for you). Both
are open for manipulation, but the second is worse.

IMO
Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com