[LINK] Craig Thomson

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue May 22 10:08:17 AEST 2012

At 08:50 AM 22/05/2012, David Boxall wrote:
>Assuming for a moment that Mr Thomson is the victim of a setup,
>manipulation of ICT systems would have played substantial roles. How
>could that have been achieved?

I found that interesting, too. Spoofing phone numbers, if you really
want to, can be done. Heck, they could have swapped out sim cards for
one thing. He just wouldn't have gotten any phone calls on his phone
and they could divert calls placed to the number on the replaced sim.
Anyone could do that. No spoofing needed. Until the proper forensics
are done, no one knows what really happened. That requires more than
a guy at FWA writing a report.

I thought his biggest hammer was that some of the times the attackers
say he was at brothels or with call girls he wasn't even in the
state. And the one about tying him to a particular place he lived
AFTER the supposed call was another 'oops'.

I watched the speech and he was believable. There are shonky things
that happen when someone's good thing is threatened and according to
his speech, there were many people threatened by his attempt to clean
things up. They were bound to strike back.

Even if this drags out, which it will, I was pleased to see him stand
up for himself. He has been denied natural justice. Police
investigate, DPPs prosecute, courts and juries, judge, media and
oppositions persecute.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com