[LINK] DNSSEC

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Tue May 22 23:45:23 AEST 2012

On 22/05/12 15:35, Ben Elliston wrote:
> Do any Linkers know the state of DNSSEC in Australia?  I've observed
> that that .com, .net, .org, .mil and .gov are all carrying DNSSEC
> records now.

<AARNet work hat on>

I've been lobbying AuDA for DNSSEC for years, on behalf of my employer
and its members. Australian Internet users are particularly exposed to
spoofing of forwarding caches.

Last year AuDA committed to deploying DNSSEC; earlier this year "AuDA
and AusRegistry have agreed an implementation strategy".

AuDA have formed a working committee of invited participants to advise
AuDA on the non-registry aspects of DNSSEC deployment and to promote the
use of DNSSEC. AARNet was invited to be on the committee and sent its
highly experienced systems administration team leader. That committee
has had their introductory meeting.

If you need further information on AuDA's plans then Adam King of AuDA
would be the best contact.

</work hat off>

> When will .au be catching up?  This has been talked about for years.

Although I share the sentiment, I rather think that criticising AuDA now
that they are actually getting the DNSSEC show on the road may be
counter-productive.

Regards, Glen