[LINK] Obama election technology.

tomk tomk at unwired.com.au
Tue Nov 20 11:41:08 AEDT 2012

On 20/11/2012 9:12 a.m., Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> On 20/11/2012 9:55 AM, Jim Birch wrote: (It's too quiet.)
That's because there's Klingon's off the Starboard bow Jim...

(I've waited for over thirty years to meet a Jim to actually say that
too. Thank's Jim).

It's difficult to enter meaningful discourse when a Klingon/Darlek/Vogon
[pick any two] are pointing their death ray at you.

Who is it that said:

"When the Government stops being afraid of the people and the people
start being afraid of the Government, it is time to change the
Government...."

> Belief without evidence is a wondrous thing. Unfortunately, reality
> abhors stupidity. You can always tell a politician from the far right,
> you just can't tell them much.

As equally can be said for for the other extreme of the scale, with the
exception that the far left is unable to understand the very simple
equation of asset versus debt.
Whilst it's possible to rewrite the text books [including reprints if
encyclopedia's and dictionaries], the actual physics of anti-matter and
matter eventually have to somewhere be tested outside of the chalkboard.
In a small laboratory test in 1929, the results were not encouraging.
i.e.: it is easy  to start a fissionable reaction, (any school kid can
do it) but the trick is to be able to stop it in time.
There would appear to be no middle ground in politics. There is Rape and
there is Pillage.
Right brain or left brain.

Then again, one could merely tune into an excellent episode of Star Trek
and ignore Politics altogether.
The plot of both is about the same, yet I find Star Trek far more
believable, even series 1.

TomK