[LINK] archive.org.au

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Nov 28 11:30:51 AEDT 2012

At 11:24 AM 28/11/2012, Jim Birch wrote:

> > It's estimated that in 2011 a truly staggering 1.8 zettabytes of digital
> > information was created. Or to put it in more meaningful terms, that's
> > 57.5 billion 32-gigabyte iPads full.
>
>It would be interesting to know what percentage of that information is
>redundant because it exists in many locations.  If everyone used the big
>hashtable in the sky...

Thank goodness the cost of storage has dropped and someone 'else' is
paying for all those iPads!

I am using the Wayback machine to find articles that have been moved
around to non-findability in redesigned websites. It's easier than
trying to find something in the original source. There are a few
times I'm unsuccessful for both locations, but frequently the Wayback
machine will also have multiple versions from different times they
have cached the site.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com