[LINK] PMs 4 directions forward - Closing Remarks

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Oct 9 00:29:10 AEDT 2012

Julia says,

>> What I'm going to do is point four directions forward ..
>>
>> It seems to me two things we should do in the very short term ..
>>
>> 1, There is clearly a short term issue about the skills pipeline into
>> ICT (and) the skills sets we need, the software engineers for example.

Julia, the intelligent way to encourage ICT education and skills would be
to get serious about developing, and then implementing, your long awaited
national ICT school curriculum.

And, it would be soo easy. National online ICT courses, with sandpits for
your "Hello Worlds", peer social resources, and online test certification.

>> Two, I've been taken by the conversation about telework, about the
>> changing nature of workplaces, about what that can do for workplace
>> productivity, workplace participation, for the options and choices
>> that working people want. For the shape of our cities and our nation,
>> where people can live, and still do the work that they want to do.

Yes, Julia, your NBN for example, will change Australia in radical ways,
socially, economically, politically .... probably in every way there is.
Smart countries should be initiating future-based, social/town planning.

>> Thirdly, we've all been talking about the cloud.

Be good if we can create an Australian-cloud-brand, known worldwide for
honesty and quality. With a big sign to the whole world saying, "insert
your innovation and capital here .. we develop and deliver".

>> Fourth, we have been in the process of putting together a Cyber White
>> Paper ..

Again dear Julia, what's with this, "we're getting it together on paper"
again? We have been waiting many years now for you guys (our pollies) to
get your heads around using and understanding ICT. Julia, now's the time.
Forget Slipper and Jones, etc. Here, you're talking the talk. Go gal :-)

<www.pm.gov.au/press-office/closing-remark> s-digital-economy-forum>

Cheers,
Stephen

--

>> Marghanita da Cruz
>> Ramin Communications (Sydney)
>> Website: http://ramin.com.au
>> Phone:(> +612) 0414-869202
---
>> Eco-Annandale 2012 on the Theme of Energy
>> http://ramin.com.au/annandale/eco-annandale-2012

Link
mai> ling list
Link at mailman.anu.edu.au