[LINK] mobile workstyles

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Oct 9 16:37:17 AEDT 2012

> >> Two, I've been taken by the conversation about telework, about the
> >> changing nature of workplaces, about what that can do for workplace
> >> productivity, workplace participation, for the options and choices
> >> that working people want. For the shape of our cities and our nation,
> >> where people can live, and still do the work that they want to do.

The office of the future is shrinking: Citrix Systems

Claims office space will decrease by a fifth by 2020

Hafizah Osman (ARN) 05 October, 2012 11:30
www.arnnet.com.au/article/438325/office_future_shrinking_citrix_systems/

By 2020, organisations will reduce office space by at least 15 per cent,
according to mobile and Cloud technology vendor, Citrix Systems.

It conducted a new study, the Citrix Workplace of the Future report,
which polled 1900 senior IT decision-makers across 19 countries in
Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.

The findings revealed the office of the future is shrinking, with
Australian offices expected to provide less than seven desks for every 10
office workers in 2020 – a workspace reduction of almost 15 per cent. And
each person is expected to access the corporate IT network from an
average of six different computing devices.

According to the company, the widespread consumer adoption of computing
technologies such as smartphones, laptops and tablets in the workplace
and the ability to access corporate applications, data and services from
outside the traditional office is lending itself to fewer office based
employees.

The study showed Australia is a leader in mobile workstyles, with 37 per
cent of organisations, as compared to 24 per cent globally, having
already fully adopted mobile workstyles.

By the middle of 2014, 86 per cent of Australian organisations are
planning to have embraced mobile workstyles.

“Organisations are encouraging people to operate outside of the
traditional workplace on their own personal devices to improve the bottom
line – by making the organisation more responsive, improving productivity
and reducing the cost of real estate and device management,” Citrix
Systems integrated marketing and strategy vice-president, Mick Hollison,
said.

Australia is also leading Asia-Pacific and the global average when it
comes to the technical capability to support mobile workstyles for the
entire organisation (72 per cent for Australia, 57 per cent average in
Asia-Pacific and 61 per cent global average).

Respondents said the biggest benefit that Australian organisations are
seeing from implementing mobile workstyles is a more agile, flexible
workplace (81 per cent), with exactly half of organisations citing
reductions in the cost of real estate as a key benefit.

“The technology to enable the workplace of the future is already
available and proven, and plans for workplace redesign can easily be put
in place. The real winners will be those that get the people management
and culture right, to empower the workforce of the future,” Hollison said.

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server