[LINK] The Smart Meters are coming to get us!

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Oct 23 10:03:49 AEDT 2012

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
<snip>
> Why not? - Actually, there are "real" consumer chest refrigerators, but
> they're expensive.
<snip>
I grew up with a Chest freezer. As I recall, there was lots of rearranging
stuff. Though my mother was an expert and I doubt much got thrown out.
These days, you can buy large fridges with equally large freezers, with
drawers and front opening doors.

Eskies work fine. And depending on the size of the household so
do Bar Fridges.

Ofcourse, if you are slaughtering your own goat - a chest
freezer may make sense. But if and when, I do eat meat or fish, I prefer
it fesh and not to have ever been frozen! Ofcourse, we could also compare
the pros and cons of canning, bottling, jam making, pickling, salting etc.
vs  refridgeration/freezing.

By the way, Linkers might be interested in an exchange on energy use by
computers on SLUG.
<http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/slug/2012/10/msg00010.html>

Marghanita
--