[LINK] FBI laptop data about Iphone users

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Tue Sep 4 21:41:12 AEST 2012

[And people think the risk of governments collecting information is
low. Yeah right.]=

The hacking collective AntiSec has released more than a million
iPhone ID numbers that it said it took from an FBI computer.

The group claims to have more than 12m Apple Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs).

It said the IDs were listed alongside user names, device names, phone
numbers, addresses and notification tokens.

The group said it suspects the FBI had the information to track
iPhone users. It did not release all of the information it claims to
have, but said there was enough for users to search for their own devices.

In <http://pastebin.com/nfVT7b0Z>a long statement published online,
the group said "we decided we'd help out Internet security by
auditing FBI first."
[more at the link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/04/antisec-hacking-group-udids_n_1853341.html

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia