[LINK] iPhone 5 … Problematic

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Thu Sep 13 20:02:54 AEST 2012

In essence, Frank, what you're saying is that you won't buy because it's too much of a change to your ecosystem, and with no perceived benefits. That's absolutely supported by me, in spite of your implied slur that I'm on the marketing side of the fence!

I have a habit of reacting to people making sweeping generalisations (and expect others to criticise me for choosing the same path): not necessarily to denounce, but to explore the depth of the conviction.

The issue of changing standards is always vexed: but inevitable. I work in an industry where the cost of making changes is in millions of dollars (to customers), and invariably there is deep debate over why a change is warranted.

I still believe that Apple did this for good, customer-focussed reasons. If they didn't, they'd be out of business in no time at all. It's just that you're not in their  sights right now...

Warmly

iT