[LINK] ABC embroiled in copyright debate over iview

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Thu Sep 20 15:16:00 AEST 2012

On 20/09/2012, at 1:59 PM, tomk <tomk at unwired.com.au> wrote:

> I don't understand the debate at all.

Let me enlighten you.

Jeremy has written a tool which makes iView usable on platforms the ABC has overlooked: ranging from Android to the Raspberry Pi. The ABC has asked that Jeremy no longer distribute that software. Jeremy has complied.

The losers here are the taxpayers which fund the ABC but cannot view iView content on the computers which they own.

The remainder of your post is simply too rose-tinted -- why should I have to be a scofflaw to watch iView content, whatever my technical skills?

- Glen

--
 Glen Turner <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>