[LINK] ABC embroiled in copyright debate over iview

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Fri Sep 21 12:03:20 AEST 2012

On 20/09/2012 8:30 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> The situation has resolved itself in a way, because Python-iView now has
> mirrors on Github - beyond the ABC's reach.
Python-iView is just a friendly gui to rtmpdump. It parses information
from the iView site, presents it to the user, sends the appropriate
command to rtmpdump, then captures the stream. It isn't the only such
program and doesn't run on the most popular OS (actually, I did get it
to run under Windows once - too much hassle to keep it up to date), so
why did the ABC target it?

--
David Boxall                    |  A fool is certain;
                                |  an ignorant fool,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  absolutely so.
                                            --Graffito