[LINK] Google imposing file conversion

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Fri Sep 28 15:11:15 AEST 2012

Every time you read a document or edit it you convert it from a bunch of zeros and ones on a disk to a usually quite different bunch of zeros and ones in computer memory to a bunch of pixels on a screen.

Anytime you do anything with a document you convert it from one format or another.

In this case as I understand it google is saying it's not going to convert some formats.