[LINK] Turnbull's NBN

Richard rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sun Apr 14 13:50:39 AEST 2013

The problem with the "Foxtel protection" theory is this: people haven't
paid attention to the detail of the NBN Co / Telstra deal.

Telstra has agreed to move customers off HFC broadband and switch off
those services. However, unlike the twisted pair copper - the HFC is not
ripped out. It remains in place for the pay TV services.

Now, as to the competitive threat from the NBN - yes, it exists, in the
form of multicast and subject to the constraints of that technology.

I don't like the Liberal's plan - but there's no point in giving them
free kicks by mythologising errors.

RC