[LINK] new book: The New Digital Age: Reshaping People, Nations and Business

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Tue Apr 30 09:43:41 AEST 2013

Don Tapscott reviews Schmidt and Cohen's new book: The New Digital
Age: Reshaping People, Nations and Business
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-tapscott/review-the-new-digital-ag_b_3178215.html

I read the review and really didn't see much new in the Schmidt book
that we haven't talked about at least once on Link. Although I did
find the idea of having 'safe zones' that disallow photography
without consent akin to 'no-smoking zones'. Gee, privacy is not
parallel with smoking? Seriously? I think that just exposes Schmidt
and his bunch for what they really think of privacy.

Don Tapscott has been around a while, writing on IT, social and
business matters.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-tapscott/

I also see he has a new book out (TED book -- I didn't know TED was
publishing monographs now - this one is only 64 pages).
Radical Openness: Four Unexpected Principles of Success
http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Openness-Unexpected-Principles-ebook/dp/B00B14RIQS/ref=sr_1_1
[hope that link works]

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia