[LINK] refusing contactless cards

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Fri Aug 2 11:15:46 AEST 2013

On 02/08/2013, at 10:37 AM, Craig Sanders <cas at taz.net.au> wrote:

> the two other main problems with RFID credit cards are:

It would seem to me that banks have a major risk (and liability) on their hands.

I imagine that once the media begins reporting this type of fraud more frequently than bag snatching, then a reversal of thinking and processes will occur.

I cannot see how any bank would endorse this technology if the risks are realised and unable to be mitigated without regressing to the previous technology. What am I missing here?

iT