[LINK] Prenda Law

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Aug 21 12:03:20 AEST 2013

At 11:32 AM 21/08/2013, David Boxall wrote:
>On 21/08/2013 1:42 AM, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> > Firm accused of uploading porn, shaking down people who download it
>
>An acquaintance once commented that business is crime by other means. At
>the time, I dismissed that generalisation as far too broad.
>
>I have to admit though, that the behaviour of people in business often
>bears out the generalisation. So often that I find my stance difficult
>to maintain.

I know what you mean, David, but it's a bit harsh. Anecdotes about
criminals and unethical bastard examples shouldn't transfer to
everyone in business. Stereotypes are dangerous no matter where they
are applied. Heck, there are even some smart and well-meaning politicians! ;-)

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/