[LINK] Thanks, Pandora

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Sun Dec 1 16:42:02 AEDT 2013

At 03:49 PM 1/12/2013, Richard wrote:
> >> May I ask how come the Wayback Machine has left the collective
> >> consciousness?
> > Because you can somehow ask them to remove your entries and they do.
>
>Ahh, correct. They publish a robots.txt setting that can de-archive
>material from the site.

I was thinking about Internet Archive, but I haven't discovered how
to do a search within it. You would need to know the original  URL
for the item (I think?).
I do use the Wayback machine a lot if I have the URL and it's great
because you can even see page changes over time.

Also my apologies to NLA. I said Archives, but I meant the Nat'l
Library. Thanks for the correction, Kerry.

I believe we have a rep from Archives on the list. Are you guys doing
anything yourselves in this regard of preserving political speeches,
campaigns, etc. or do you just archive government materials?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer