[LINK] itNews: 'NSA installs new system controls ...'

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 16 09:05:47 AEDT 2013

At 08:44 AM 16/12/2013, Roger Clarke wrote:
>The NSA's internal review has determined about 98 percent of the
>scope of the material that Snowden had accessed, and officials have
>found no evidence that he had help either within the NSA or from
>adversary spy agencies.

"98 percent of the **scope**" is quite different from 98 percent of
the materials, which they will never know unless the cache of
materials is found. That's the problem they have and why they cannot
anticipate what is coming out next.

What this situation with NSA has shown is that any words coming out
of the mouths of corporate or government representatives, in
Australia or anywhere, about the actual security of our information
-- from health to financial to almost anything -- is so much hot air.
If the most security conscious agency in the world can get it so
wrong for so long, with essentially unlimited money to throw at the
problem, no one else can legitimately say our information is secure.

Discuss.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer