[LINK] selling the furniture-- in Detroit

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 27 15:22:54 AEDT 2013

Yeah,

I thought they'd hit the limit when they privatised the old Tullamarine Freeway near my place in Moonee Ponds, and turned Mt Alexander Road into traffic Hell as a result ...

But now we're also looking at MediBank, probably a hell of a lot more euphemistically named Private-Public Partnerships on the roads, privatising some of the beachfronts (leading to a general privatisation of 12,000 kilometres of beach?), selling off of State Land and National Parks, establishing polluting ports and coal outlets in sensitive areas like the Great Barrier Reef, either privatising or restricting the activities of the ABC, and a host of other 'commercial-in-confidence' transactions that we don't need to know about.

"Nothing to see here, folks. Move Along. Move Along."

Just my 2 cents worth ...
---