[LINK] Unable to Register for a e-Health Record

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Sat Feb 9 11:15:38 AEDT 2013

On 9/02/2013 10:55 AM, Tom Worthington wrote:
> A letter from the last hospital I was in invited me to register for an
> e-health record. After going to www.ehealth.gov.au I was directed to
> www.australia.gov.au where I filled in some more details, until I got:
> "A previous session has been started and has not completed. Please try
> again later."
>
> The letter indicated that the e-health  record "... will not
> contain any clinical data", so I could not see what use it would be,
> even if I could manage to register for one. So at that point I gave up.

Tom,

Can I repost your experience of the PCEHR to David More's blog at
aushealthit.blogspot.com.au/ ?

Does anyone else on Link have any experiences, good, bad or indifferent
of the PCEHR?

IMHO, the PCEHR is yet another IT project heading for failure. In this
case primarily because of hubris. They think it's an IT problem, not a
health information problem. Although in Tom's case it seems to be a
straight out-and-out IT problem.

--

Regards
brd