[LINK] LinkedIn

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Feb 9 11:47:37 AEDT 2013

At 11:38 AM 9/02/2013, Rick Welykochy you wrote:
>Why? Because many websites now use
>third party sites to handle email and click-through responses.

True. This is done by government departments in Australia. I went
head on with one of the regulators about this who was sending out
emails via a 3rd party without advising their newsletter subscribers.
I asked when they had received my consent to give my address to
anyone else and to be able to track my activities of clicking on
their newsletter through that same outsourced company?

As a result, and many months of dogging them about it in a privacy
panel meeting, they finally fessed up and put it on the website for
new subscribers. Not sure they ever told the old ones, though.

Some people just don't get it that they can't do as they please.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/