[LINK] sigh

Rick Welykochy rick at vitendo.ca
Tue Feb 12 02:52:01 AEDT 2013

stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> "Microsoft, Apple, Adobe summoned by Australia pricing inquiry"
>
> Lower house committee summoned the three firms to explain why Australian
> customers paid more for same products

And in Canada, nothing is being done about similar pricing discrepancies.

'Country pricing' a cause of Canada-U.S. price gaps ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/02/07/marketplace-country-pricing.html

The practice called 'country pricing' affects products across the board,
not just IT products, i.e.

"Edmonton resident Christine Maligec was shocked to find the playpen she
  bought from Toys "R" Us cost $129.99 in the U.S., but jumped to $249.99
  in Canada."

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Vitendo Consulting

My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses ...
drinks straight out of the bottle.
      -- Henny Youngman