[LINK] ANU in edX e-Learning Consortium

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Feb 22 08:32:04 AEDT 2013

The Australian National University (ANU) announced it has joined the edX
on-line course consortium:
http://news.anu.edu.au/2013/02/21/anu-joins-edx-online-education-revolution/

edX was set up by MIT and Harvard University to provide Massive Open
On-line Courses (MOOCs). The first two ANUx courses will be
"Astrophysics" by Nobel Laureate Professor Brian Schmidt and "Engaging
India" by Dr McComas Taylor.

I have offered to prepare a MOOC version of my award winning "ICT
Sustainability" course, which has been run on-line at ANU since 2009 and
uses an open access e-book, but I am no Nobel Laureate, or Sanskrit
scholar. ;-)

More in my blog at:
http://blog.tomw.net.au/2013/02/anu-first-australian-university-to-join.html

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/