[LINK] comparison of OO and LO

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Thu Feb 28 23:46:53 AEDT 2013

On 28/02/13 11:10 PM, Glen Turner wrote:

> LibreOffice 4.0 isn't recommended for production use, and I've had a
> few issues with it on a Mac that I didn't have with LibreOffice
> 3.6. It's free, so install it and pull some Publisher files in and
> see how it goes. LibreOffice is pretty good at making releases
> stable, so if 4.0.0 isn't great for you, check back at the next
> release.

I use LibreOffice because it tends to get some nifty features a little
quicker, though I don't really have anything against OpenOffice.org.
I've found that if stability is a concern then you're best waiting
until the third digit in any release hits 2 (e.g. x.y.2), then it's
generally pretty rock solid.

I had a brief look at 4.0.0 when it was released on OS X, but realised
how much I'd have to customise it again to get things back the way I
prefer (I've played around with 3.almost.everything for a while now).

Regards,
Ben