[LINK] Time to disable Java again? "Fixing zero-day exploit could take 'two years'"

Nicholas English nik.english at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:37:18 AEDT 2013

When this came up last time I recall discussion of impact for organisations
using 'virtual classroom' platforms as about the only one that isn't
reliant upon Java through the browser is the Adobe Connect - dependant upon
that other evil Flash, sigh ...

So not only are institutions vulnerable they require their clients remain
exposed as there is no granularity for the Java security settings On or Off
... sigh again.

Some platforms requiring Java include the following, I'd be interested in
learning of any alternatives

Blackboard Collaborate tools
http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336&task=knowledge&questionID=834
 > Elluminate Live!