[LINK] Your warming world

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jan 26 02:03:57 AEDT 2013

>> Kim: http://warmingworld.newscientistapps.com/
>
> "The Doha Declaration on Climate, Health & Well-Being"
>
>  http://dohadeclaration.weebly.com

Good business is now  no-growth, low-carbon, eco-business.

Eg .. the very business friendly World Bank Group President ..

"A 4°C warmer world can, and must be, avoided – we need to hold
warming below 2°C," says World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim.

"Lack of action on climate change threatens to make the world our
children inherit a completely different world than we are living in
today. Climate change is one of the single biggest challenges facing
development, and we need to assume the moral responsibility to take
action on behalf of future generations, especially the poorest."

Ref: http://climatechange.worldbank.org/sites/default/files/Turn_Down
_the_heat_Why_a_4_degree_centrigrade_warmer_world_must_be_avoided.pdf

And the extremely business friendly Pricewaterhouse Coopers, which is
the largest accounting firm in the world ..

"Low Carbon Economy Index 2012: Too late for two degrees?"

"Our Low Carbon Economy Index evaluates the rate of decarbonisation
of the global economy that is needed to limit warming to 2°C. The report
shows that global carbon intensity decreased between 2000 and 2011 by
around 0.8% a year. In 2011, carbon intensity decreased by 0.7%.

The global economy now needs to cut carbon intensity by 5.1% every year,
from now to 2050. Keeping to a 2°C carbon budget will require sustained
and unprecedented reductions over four decades."

Ref: http://www.pwc.co.uk/sustainability-climate-change/publications/low-
carbon-economy-index.jhtml
--

Cheers,
Stephen.

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server