[LINK] Google's Driverless Car Is Worth Trillions

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Jan 28 17:09:41 AEDT 2013

On 28/01/2013 4:13 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> Or the social / behavioural.
>
> "I can't be bothered parking, I'll send the driverless 7-liter 4WD
> around the block until I'm finished."

I wonder who is responsible for the behaviour of a passenger-less car?

Damn, that's started me wondering again.

Would a driverless car be required to recognise and respond
automatically to police and other empowered authorities?

Will the police etc be given systems to override the driverless car's
internal systems? If they do and an accident happens who is responsible?

Who pays for such override systems?

Will they need to be standardised across all manufacturers?

Would it be better to always have a responsible driver ready to take over?

How would you stop them losing attention or falling asleep? Give them
something to do? How about they drive? Throw out all that automatic
stuff and the car would be lighter and cheaper.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn