[LINK] EFA looking at TOR legality

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jan 29 11:55:28 AEDT 2013

Linkers,

I can't pass you a URL for this one, because in that infurating
new-world social media habit, the EFA has announced on Twitter that it's
looking into how TOR sits in Australia's legal frameworks.*

However, it has requested inputs to memberadmin at efa.org.au

I'm withholding my own input until I know what the EFA considers the
important "terms of reference" to answer the question! - However, I have
remarked in other forums that if someone needs to run up infrastructure
(eg a server) to land TOR traffic in Australia, I would suppose they'll
need TIO membership.

Cheers,
Richard C

*140 characters is not sufficient for background. It's a good "look here
for info" but that's all.