[LINK] “The Australian Computer Society should be disbanded”

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Thu Jan 31 16:59:57 AEDT 2013

On 31/01/13 16:17, Kim Davies wrote:
> Observations posted at
> http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130131000939-921366-the-australian-computer-society-should-be-disbanded
> that are doing the rounds today —

I speak as a link member and a longstanding member of ACS in this post.

For the record this was not an ACS Event it was convened by Professor
Simon Kaplan of NICTA at ATN in Sydney.  The purpose was to develop
partnerships in support of the Group X program (http://groupx.edu.au/).

The Call to Action included:
Take the Group X program national
  - achieve similar turnaround nationally by scaling up
successful pilot
- learning what’s working well elsewhere and scaling that
    up, too.
To do this, we need
- Your engagement: commitment and time
- $1.5m pa
- (Qld pa funding scaled up)
- National volunteer pool

The collateral shown in the article came from the ACS Foundation and
ichoosetchnology.com.au a collaboration between acs/software qld/qld
government.

ACS VP Paul Bailes was in attendance but as far as I know had no
official role in the proceedings.

ACS is looking into this.

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS CP, ACS Honorary Life Member
Chair IFIP International Professional Practice Partnership (IP3) 2011-13