[LINK] Killer robots and military ethics

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Jul 19 12:34:53 AEST 2013

At 12:18 +1000 19/7/13, Craig Sanders wrote:
>hah! in reality, the blame will be booted downstairs to the lowest
>programmer.

Immunity of the powerful is a bit more sophisticated these days.

There's no longer any need for a Suenderbock.

Plausible deniability starts at the top, but it goes all the way down:
'the foot-soldiers are only following orders'
'don't blame me, I'm only the piano player'
'ain't nobody here but us chickens'

Put another way, the buck no longer stops anywhere.

Or maybe it never even gets started.