[LINK] NSA enables British end run on surveillance restrictions

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Jun 9 10:42:00 AEST 2013

Again, the Guardian. It's an interesting question. If a government
has a restriction in place on what *it* can do regarding surveilling
its citizens, is it allowed to use information gathered by someone
else? Isn't this a form of cyber-rendition? If you can't torture, ask
someone else to do it for you. If you can't surveil, take advantage
of someone else's surveillance.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jun/08/ministers-british-link-us-spying-scandal

This even got a mention on the Sunday 7 puff show.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/