[LINK] US Hacking

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Jun 10 10:59:35 AEST 2013

Onya, Frank. It's hard to know what to do. The poor guy who stuck his
neck out to expose all this to the light of day will be on the run
for the rest of his life if he's not directly eliminated without a
trial. Those things do happen, and he's in a position to know that as
he describes in the interview. What he did takes immense courage.

We have people like Nick Xenophon and Tony Windsor who stand for
their principles, but lack the numbers except in a minority
government situation. The citizens have been brainwashed that
minority government is a bad thing, when in actuality, it is the BEST
situation because it requires oversight and justification of actions,
not just the party line sheep.

Just as Americans, or any country for that matter, do the rah rah
we're the best and we ain't changing routine, Australians are no
different. And yet change is what is needed. We're going to get the
monarchist v. republican debate to demonstrate the problem here
(again). Heck, even when the Australian public really do want change
-- the Republican change was supported last time (despite the faux
referendum trick Howard played) and same sex marriage -- the stupid
parliamentarians (and I choose the word stupid intentionally) can't
move themselves off their conservative posteriors.

I think it's interesting that Snowden picked Hong Kong and describes
it as having a history of free speech. Who knew? As I read the
Guardian articles (they have an Australian edition btw, if you
weren't aware yet and are looking for an alternative to add once the
Age goes to subscription online), I couldn't help thinking that is
someone sent that story to a publisher even 10 years ago, they would
be snapped up immediately as the next blockbuster best seller because
it was so unbelievable and over the top.

Irony, hypocracy, it's incredible.

At 10:21 AM 10/06/2013, Frank O'Connor you wrote:

>It's amazing that none of our supposed political 'representatives'
>see the irony of this (listening to Carr's reassurances the other
>night was a bit like watching an episode of Monty Python) ... which
>simply reinforces my intention to vote for a true independent who
>represents my interests, and the interests of their electorate, in
>September ... rather than the member of any traditional party
>(Labour, Liberal, National Party, Greens or whatever). I mean ...
>they've shown us how they vote on party lines, and that none of the
>has a conscience worth mentioning ... so this time I'll go for
>something resembling a real person.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/