[LINK] SMH: ACMA and TIO Fail Utterly, Yet Again

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Mon Mar 25 16:12:34 AEDT 2013

On 23/03/2013 10:50 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:
> [Great expose by Peter Moon and Ben Grubb.  Comments interspersed.]
>
> Kogan Mobile's acceptable-use policy 'illegal'
> Ben Grubb
> [Um, they're in breach of the law.  When I drive too quickly, I get
> booked.  What's the difference?  Ah, regulatory gutlessness.  Silly
> me again.  ACMA has a long record of this nature.]
The law regards businesses as people. All people are equal, but some are
more equal than others. Business is most equal of all.

Business is so important that it mustn't be held to the same standards
as individuals. Behaviour that might see you in prison, earns little
more than a tut-tut for a business.

--
David Boxall                    |  Drink no longer water,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for thy stomach's sake ...