[LINK] Register to reserve your spot at GovHack 2013

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed May 15 14:45:03 AEST 2013

Pia asked me to forward this on, so here it is!

*****

GovHack events now open for registration!

We are pleased to announce that the event registration is now
officially open, so get in and reserve your spot at
http://govhack2013.eventbrite.com.au

All location details can be found at http://www.govhack.org/locations/

GovHack runs nationally from  May 31 to June 2 2013, 8 locations in
Australia will come together with over 400 participants and 150 teams
to play with government data and create unique solutions and services.
Solutions which then have a chance to become reality with over $40k in
the national prize pool and a further $120k of local prizes. These
prizes are divided up into competition prizes and some quite
innovative entrepreneurial packages to encourage our best and
brightest to further develop their ideas beyond GovHack.

Last years competition saw government partner with developers and data
enthusiasts to discover what technologies could improve how government
makes it data available and services better, but this year we have set
up the competition to enable government agencies to invest in
promising projects beyond the competition.

This is a big shift for the competition which the GovHack team is
hoping pays off with some tangible outcomes for both the developer
community and government. In addition this year NICTA,'s eGov Cluster,
one of the major competition sponsors, will run a showcase in Canberra
for competition winners to talk about their ideas and entries with
start up managers and industry heads.

GovHack provides government with the opportunity to see what hacker
culture has to offer.

The competition is expecting a big list of Federal and State/Territory
Government agencies, but is also attracting a lot of attention from
some of premier brands of the ICT sector. This includes support from
Platinum sponsors NICTA, the eGovernment Technology Cluster and
Microsoft. GovHackis also supported by Gold sponsors Palantir, Google,
Relational IO, Link Digital and more. There are also a number of
strong local event sponsors and supporters around the country
including the South Australian Government, Gold Coast City Council,
Landgate, the Tasmanian Government, the ACT Government, Intersect,
Newcast and AusGOAL.

All government supporters will be announced in the coming weeks, but
thus far there has been strong support from several State and
Territory Governments and the following Federal agencies: the
Department of Finance and Deregulation, Geoscience Australia, the
Office of Spatial Policy, National Library of Australia, National
Archives of Australia, Australian Bureau of Statistics with more to be
announced!

For more information see www.govhack.org. For media enquiries please
contact Geoff Mason at geoff.mason at naa.gov.au or contact a GovHack
local organiser below for specifics: