[LINK] iiNet sells Transact to NBN

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu May 23 15:33:14 AEST 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Jan Whitaker <jwhit at janwhitaker.com> wrote:
> In case our Canberrans missed this news:
> http://www.canberratimes.com.au/it-pro/government-it/iinet-seals-multimillion-dollar-nbn-deal-20130523-2k1zx.html

Sounds like steep price to pay(and less competition for the consumer),
to get access to city-wide underground ducts.

I wonder if AU has any competition rules in place to mandate
incumbents to share its underground ducts, or none?

Spain -there could be many others but due to the same language, that's
one country I keep an eye on- has put in effect superb rules to that
effect,even calling for the use of "microducts" to separate cables and
fibre from different operators inside the same pipe.

http://www.publico.es/273083/fin-del-monopolio-de-telefonica-en-el-subsuelo
(Spanish language link, use Google Translate)

Another useful reference: (also Spanish :-/)
http://www.slideshare.net/blogcmt/presentacion-oferta-mar-co

Ref:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microducts

...Just thinking aloud from the other side of the globe... ;)

FC
Buenos Aires, Argentina